After taking a break to focus on those all important university deadlines, I’m back! I’m finally getting around to responding to my award nominations (better late than never)! It’s always nice to know there are people out there that enjoy your posts and I am always so grateful for the positive comments, encouragement and these nominations! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the bloggers behind the amazing My Happy Place Blog and Seabreeze Corner. Make sure you head over to both blogs and check out their amazing content!
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for a Liebster Award
2. Display the award logo on your blogpost
3. Write a short post explaining why you are passionate about blogging
4. Answer the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you
5. Nominate between 5-11 blogs that you feel would enjoy creating a blogpost for this award
6. Define the rules in your post
7. Inform your nominees
Why I’m passionate about blogging
A blog gives you the creative space to post about whatever you want, whenever you want. I love that! It’s a chance to share stories, tips and opinions with others but its also a great opportunity to immerse yourself into something outside of work, university, deadlines and the usual routine. Not only that but the blogging community are so encouraging and positive which is so great to see!
Questions from My Happy Place Blog:
1. If you could influence one positive change with your blog, what would it be?
So I haven’t been blogging for long and as a result my topic range hasn’t been that varied. Eventually though I want to be writing posts to motivate others and make them feel good about themselves. I have a few projects in mind and would love to work with fellow bloggers in the future.
2. What sort of blogposts do you like reading and why?
I love reading blogs that give any sort of tips, tricks and life hacks as I love learning something new that I can try.
3. Name a happy moment in your life
If you read my 10 Things About Me blogpost, you’ll know my sister is my best friend. For that reason, I’d have to say the day my sister was born has been the happiest moment in my life so far.
4. Who is the biggest influence in your life and why?
I don’t think I could give just one person as the answer, it’s an accumulation of family members and friends I’d say. I like to stick to my guns and follow the path I think is best for me but guidance comes from mum, dad, my younger sister, my boyfriend, my nana, my best friend…and the list goes on! I’m lucky to have such great people around me for that.
5. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I’d tick off every destination on my list of places to visit (trust me, it’s a lengthy list)! I’d love to give back to my family and give them all they deserve too. And of course I’d make some donations to some great charities that are out there.
6. It’s takeaway night, what do you order?
This is a tricky one because it depends what I fancy but it’s most often Chinese. You can’t beat sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice!
7. If you could have a magical power, what would it be?
To travel to any part of the world with the click of a finger! No flights, no travel costs.
8. If you had a bucket list, what would be number one on your list?
To go and see the Northern Lights. Hopefully I will one day, long before I have to start thinking about a serious bucket list!
9. You’re getting a tattoo, what do you get and where?
Well I’m actually trying to convince myself to go and get inked at the moment! I have an idea of what I want but I’m too scared I’ll go off the design when I’m older and I’m scared of needles too! But I love calf tattoos so that’s what I have in mind. I’m not certain exactly what I want yet but I want it to be something designed with my great-grandma in mind; I miss her very much and was very lucky to have her in my life for seventeen years.
10. What is your favourite quote and why?
“Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.” It’s important to remember to celebrate your successes and if you can’t, then learn from what went wrong.
Questions from Seabreeze Corner:
1. What is your favourite book?
I’m not a big reader like I used to be but I loved The Fault In Our Stars when I read that. I really should get back into reading some good books! Any recommendations are welcome!
2. What is your favourite meal?
This is a tricky one because I’m not a fussy eater in the slightest and I absolutely love food! I do love a good curry though, a chicken tikka bhuna from my local Indian restaurant is amazing!
3. What has been your favourite holiday ever and why?
Summer holidays are usually spent in Spain visiting family so I love it there every time for that reason and because it feels like a second home. In terms of city breaks, it has to be Prague with Lisbon a close second.
4. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
It depends how I’m feeling! Overall though I’d say an extrovert.
5. What is one thing you’d like to achieve in life?
Happiness in the form of a great family I can come home to at the end of the day when I’ve finished doing a job I love!
6. What do you like most about blogging?
The community. Fellow bloggers are so supportive (and super talented) and it’s so nice to be able to share posts within that community and also read other posts from other bloggers.
7. What are your goals for 2018?
I need to stop being a wimp and learn how to drive! Other than that, I want to have seen a couple more different places in the world and have expanded my blog and its audience.
8. Who is your favourite blogger?
Amber McNaught of the Forever Amber blog – I love how honest her posts can be and there’s some great tips and stories on her blog.
9. What is the best thing you have ever bought?
I had this question from my previous nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I’m still stuck on thinking of an answer now! So I’ll stick with the same response – nothing stands out but I do love my eyelash curler. They completely change the way my eyes look and it means I can avoid eyelashes (which I’ve never been able to get the hang of using).
10. What is the last emoji that you used on your phone?
The laughing emoji!
11. What is your star sign?
I’m a November baby – Scorpio!
Be sure to check out all of their blogs; they are all fabulous in their own way!
1. By the end of 2018, what goal would you like to have reached with regards to your blog?
2. What is your proudest achievement?
3. What’s your favourite childhood memory?
4. The city or the country?
5. What’s your favourite movie?
6. Sweet or savoury?
7. What’s the best gig you have ever been to? If you haven’t been to one – which artist would you most like to see live?
8. Are you a good cook?
9. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
10. Besides blogging, what do you do in your spare time?
11. Do you have any fears or phobias?
I can’t to read the posts from my nominees! In the meantime, be sure to follow my blog to keep up-to-date with my posts; there’s so much more coming very soon!